Koko and Heather's clinics are ongoing throughout January.
Joann and Susan will resume on Monday, January 30th (Spring Session 1).
Tips for new players...
Hand-eye coordination is the key to success for a newcomer
to tennis, try these exercises at home with your new player (ages 4 - 12)
to help get them started:
1) Roll a ball (preferably a foam ball or red ball) to your player, have them roll it back (underhanded, like bowling).
2) Toss a ball to your your player, have them catch it after a bounce. Have them underhand toss it back to you.
3) Give your player targets to practice tossing under-handed.
4) Have your player bounce catch a ball between their racquet and hand (difficult for young players).
5) Have your player practice "bounce-ups" and "bounce-downs" with their racquet and ball.
Racquet size suggested for young players...
Older players can try an adult size racquet, or 27".
Questions welcomed! E-mail email@example.com